Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Teacher Profile: Ms. Misty Palmer


Name
: Ms. Misty Palmer

Courses Taught: AP Calculus AB

Location: Nashville, TN

Years Teaching: 16

Hidden Talent: I can wiggle my ears.

Thoughts about online teaching and learning: I enjoy online teaching because I like being able to dialogue with students individually about the work. I do think the classroom environment is great too, but it's nice to feel "conversational" about the material. I think students must be more self-motivated to keep up with things daily, and that is a great skill to learn in high school!

Advice for Students Taking Online Courses: Stick to a schedule. Make a daily plan and get it done. Get in touch with your teacher regularly with questions. Reach out to your classmates to talk about the material.